Medical grade gloves…
- are thoroughly tested to meet stringent FDA specifications for production and quality control standards.
- are approved for use as a barrier to bodily fluids and chemical agents.
- are also known as “examination” (exam) grade.
- are not sterile or recommended for surgical use.
- are ideal for doctors, dentists, labs and salons.
Industrial grade gloves…
- are not FDA approved.
- are manufactured to lower standards according to ASTM International (American Society for Testing and Materials) requirements.
- are accepted for use in general purpose applications or industrial settings where bodily fluids and chemical agents are not an issue.
- are also known as “utility” grade.
- are commonly used for food handling and automotive.